Is there anything better than at home spa treatments? You might say yes, but I say no way. That’s why I jumped when I ran across this Glam Glow mask on my latest trip to Sephora! I’ve been hearing great reviews of this mask for awhile now, and I couldn’t wait to get home to test it out.
As with any new product, it’s best to test the mask on a small patch of skin, away from your face just to make sure you don’t have a negative reaction. If the product burns, rinse it off immediately and by all means do not try it on your face!
After testing on my inner forearm (the skin here is similar to facial skin, so I tend to use it as my test area) it was time for some pore-cleansing relaxation. I was impressed with the thickness of the product and how easily it spread across my skin. Some mud masks can have a clay like feeling when you’re applying them, but the Glam Glow mask was incredibly easy to apply. I used the mask on my chin and across my T-Zone, but you can use it anywhere you feel you need a little boost!
I typically draw a bubble bath when I’m using a face mask, but mud masks such as the Glam Glow mask are an exception. You know the mask is ready to be rinsed off when it’s completely dried, and I’ve found that sitting in a steaming tub can delay this reaction. The Glam Glow mask tingles as it dries, which I personally love! After about 15 minutes or so, I rinsed my face and got up close and personal with my mirror to study my results.
All in all, I’d have to say I’m impressed! I definitely saw a difference in the size of my pores after using this mask, and my skin felt soft and supple. I’ll definitely be making this mask part of my weekly routine.
Mother’s Day is just around the corner! Though I try year round to make sure my mom knows how much I appreciate her, I can’t help but go all out on Mother’s Day. Here are my top picks for this year’s gifts:
- A Tiffany Necklace – This gorgeous pendant necklace is quite the upgrade on the macaroni jewelry you gifted as a child. Made of Sterling Silver and incorporating Tiffany’s signature heart and key designs, this necklace is perfect for daily wear!
- Birchbox – Why should presents be limited to one day? I love gifting Birchbox subscriptions because they’re the gift that keeps on giving! Each box includes five beauty products (think makeup, skincare, etc.) picked specially for the recipient. They’re also running a promotion for Mother’s Day right now, so hurry on over!
- Keurig – Coffee makes the world go round. Last year my mom and I gifted my grandmother with a Keurig for her condo and she fell in love! Ever since, my mom has been hinting that she’d love to have one of her own, and I think this is the perfect occasion. I love how many options are available with Keurig – you’ll never have a problem matching your kitchen. Keurig is also running a Mother’s Day promotion so don’t delay!
- Starbucks Cup – See above for my opinion on coffee 😉 You can never have too many mugs or tumblers. It’s without a doubt the kitchenware I buy most often. Starbucks has a fantastic selection and has even picked out some Mother’s Day favorites.
- Flowers – No brainer! Peonies are a personal favorite of mine, but trust your heart! Daughters usually know these things 😉
- Blush Tieks – You’ve heard me talk about my love for Tieks before, so it should be no surprise they made it onto my Mother’s Day gift guide. Blush Tieks launched just recently and are an absolutely stunning neutral. Blush Tieks have a patent finish, and like all Tieks, are made from fine Italian leather.
What are your favorite gift for Mother’s Day this year? I’d love to know! Leave your thoughts in the comments below, and happy shopping!
With an abundance of pumpkins everywhere I go, I can’t help but feel inspired to do as much decorating as I can with those gorgeous gourds!
I decided to try my hand at this DIY that incorporates pumpkins and beautiful fall flowers. It’s so easy and a fun way to add a little fall color to your home.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A pumpkin
- Your choice of fall flowers
- A pairing knife
- A package of single stem water picks. You can find these at a craft store, local florist or Amazon, of course. These water picks will also keep your flowers from wilting so your arrangement will last longer!
Using your pairing knife, cut holes around the outside of your pumpkin. You will want these holes to be a little larger than the top of the water pick.
Fill your single stem picks with water and place a flower in each one. Insert the vials into the holes you cut and push them in so the flowers sit flat against the pumpkin.
I absolutely loved the way this turned out and can’t wait to make them again as a Thanksgiving centerpiece!
Fall is easily my favorite season. Sweater weather, an abundance of honey crisp apples, the incredibly vibrant foliage and that unmistakable smell of fall. It’s hard to explain, but there’s just something so cozy about fall that I knew I wanted my entire house to smell like it.
As much as I love candles, I wasn’t really interested in going the pre-packaged, artificial route. And really, why should I when so many of the notes in those candles are the same fruits and spices I already have in my kitchen?
Inspired by a few things I found on Pinterest, I decided to try my hand at making my own stove top room scents.
Here are three recipes that will have your house filled with a delicious aroma in no time. For all of these, you’ll want to 2 to 3 cups of water brought to a boil. Add your ingredients to the boiling water and then reduce to a simmer over low heat. Note: there are no measurements for any of the ingredients. You can put in how ever little or much you’d like depending on your preference.
Citrus Autumn Spice
- Orange slices
- Apple slices
- One or two sprigs of pine
- Cinnamon sticks
- A few dashes of ground cloves, ground allspice and ground nutmeg
Fall Getaway Potpourri
- Lime slices
- Vanilla bean
- Coconut extract or flakes ( I use both because I love coconut!)
Calming Citrus Mint
- Lemon slices
- Rosemary sprigs
- Mint leaves
- A few drops of lavender oil
This couldn’t have been easier to do and my home smells absolutely delicious! I’m excited to dream up scent combinations for other seasons, but for now I’ll be enjoying these cozy fragrances of fall.